Archive: Old pointless posts are stored here for the purposes of cleaning up the other forums.
Topic locked

Suggestion for a stealth admin function

05 Jun 2010, 00:16

Ocfos and myself were discussing a function which would cloak a gmod server admin so that they blend in with the rest of the crowd. Because there are and there has been occasions where as soon as an admin disconnects from the server is when a mingebag or several go haywire and start behaving out of control. This would work by hiding the admin tag from the scoreboard and stop the bright red overhead name text appearing.

Re: Suggestion for a stealth admin function

05 Jun 2010, 00:23

I thought about that idea but never posted it. I like this idea, but I say that it should be manual. A chat command or something like that.

05 Jun 2010, 09:00

I can see many uses for this, for admins in general, in every game.

Great idea.

05 Jun 2010, 18:30

Bump.

05 Jun 2010, 19:18

VERY good idea.

06 Jun 2010, 15:11

I believe, even as a TF2 player, that this sounds like a good idea.
This would thought, result in some fake-nicking, (Else the whole idea wouldn't work, unless people don't know the admin members), which isn't something I like too much, but the idea is brilliant.

06 Jun 2010, 19:12

I wrote a plugin once for NS (hl1 mod) to hide an admin completely, starting from the '... is connecting.' message to the scoreboard; This should be easy to replicate in Gmod :)

06 Jun 2010, 20:13

Well, that might be a good idea if the admin just wants to observe. :)
I just think that sometimes the admin might want to play normally, just without making attention to himself as an admin.

07 Jun 2010, 23:50

Bumping again.

03 Jul 2010, 22:35

There's no need to bump this (anymore). We already have a thread for this in the admin forums.
Topic locked