New topic New reply  Page 1 of 1
 [ 7 posts ] 
29 Oct 2011, 22:15
103 Posts

As the title says, this is an "application" for creative mode.

What I'm going to make:

First off, a place to view every single (non-despawning) mob. Probably a 3x3x1 path, with glowstone under the fence pieces. Inside the fence will be the mobs environment (SX: Grass for sheep and a House of a Villager), it will be incased in glass too. There will also be a section with every painting (also encased in glass) and a section showing 4 types of trees (incased in glass). I am currently experimenting on the best way to pick up people who have fallen off.

Secondly, I plan to encase my entire personal island with glass. After that I'm going to put glass in the corner of it, then in the new corners created, and so on until it looks good. I also plan on placing stonebrick and fences all the way down to the sea floor.

Thirdly, A nether-like area in the regular world and a regular world-like place in the nether. Both will have a short tunnel to a similarly enclosed area which may make the person doubt which world they are in. Both areas will be identical. I also plan on getting help from someone who knows redstone to make a lever that opens the wall to show a window.

Finally, I plan to build a roller coaster. It will be underwater, will have air replaced with glass on the ride so glass isn't seen and it gives the illusion of "impossible" things. I plan to have it go through a series of environments and will have a section where someone can showcase their work.

Additionally, I also plan to make a safe room that has the person warping into water (at feet height), lined with glowstone, the rules of the server, "/kit basics", "/spawn", a casing of bedrock, and have it all protected.

There are also several more ideas within my notebook, though they have yet to be perfected. I know precisely (or roughly in the case of the roller coaster) how I'm going to make all of the above ideas. Now I fully understand that creative mode should not be given to just anyone, I agree with it too. I have been using the server for a year and a month; I assure you that I have no intention of griefing the server. I also will not give any other members any creatinve-given items if an admin tells me not to.
12 Jun 2011, 14:15
102 Posts

Well i apriciate your idea, but i'm not really sure if anyone would read such long "applications". Though i'm for it.

And containing universe boot-up sequence...
Do not alter at ANY circumstances....
If you have any problems, please shut the universe down and restart....

Microsoft (Gods Division)

WHERE IS MY FUCKING COOKIE?!?!
Server Admin Server Admin
07 May 2011, 22:41
361 Posts

I'd like to see the realworld/nether thing done.

25 Nov 2009, 22:49
1890 Posts

Sounds really awesome. :P Couldn't quite picture the whole minecart thing, but the normal world in nether and visa-versa thing sounds awesome. :)
103 Posts

ManIAc wrote:
Sounds really awesome. :P Couldn't quite picture the whole minecart thing, but the normal world in nether and visa-versa thing sounds awesome. :)

My main challenge with that is how to either simulate the sky or to make a good looking indoors area. Ultimately there are two possble versions:

Exactly the same: Have two identical areas simulating both the nether and the regular world (connected with an obsidain tube with the nether portal and a lever showing witch one it is [black wool]) in both the nether and the regular world.

Two opposites: Have a nether-like area in the regular world and vice-versa.

Side note: I still have a few things that I also might do with creative mode. though I;m still working out the details and fail-safes on them.

EDIT: So about creative mode, can I use it?
Server Admin Server Admin
25 Nov 2009, 22:49
1890 Posts

I don't think they have to be the same though. You could make two different areas, one in nether, and one in real world. As for sky, you could use a really tall ceiling and use light blue/blue and white wool. :D Or lapis.
103 Posts

ManIAc wrote:
I don't think they have to be the same though. You could make two different areas, one in nether, and one in real world. As for sky, you could use a really tall ceiling and use light blue/blue and white wool. :D Or lapis.

The problem with that is that the sky would be very dark, due to there not being light. If you can solve that problem though, I'll be able to incorporate more stuff into my design.

It really depends on the point of the structure though, I was thinking more of making a person go "What? WTF?" and wonder which world they were in.
New topic New reply  Page 1 of 1
 [ 7 posts ]