New topic New reply  Page 1 of 2
 [ 17 posts ] 
19 Dec 2009, 17:16
1037 Posts

Yeah, I just got that today after logging in. Not the slightest clue on why it could be disabled. I once had my steam disabled, but that was a few days after redeeming a gift a friend sent me, which turned out to be fraudulent - I got my account reactivated then, but this is totally out of the blue.

Sent in a support ticket. They better not permanently deactivate it, I spent a fucking fortune on it.

Fuck.

20 Mar 2010, 20:58
467 Posts

Image wtf, i want my Aya back! :o
VIP VIP
26 Dec 2009, 16:28
85 Posts

Maybe someone has reported your TF2 skills as aimbotting :C
Server Admin Server Admin
25 Nov 2009, 22:49
1890 Posts

Somebody had sent you hot steam gifts in the past? :P

Well I hope you get it back!
1037 Posts

My ticket:

Quote:
Hello Mr/Ms,

I tried to log in to my Steam account (netewang@hotmail.com) to find it disabled. I do not believe it has been hijacked or anything. I know of no reason as to why it could be disabled. I have not redeemed any gifts at all, and thus no fraudulent gifts. I also have not bought any kind of fraudulent games. All games purchased in the last months have been bought from the Steam Store, and have been paid for by using my personal Paypal account (robvandenenden@gmail.com). I have bought quite a few games, especially in the last few months, and thus the account is worth a lot to me (emotionally, as well as financially).

A few Paypal transactionnumbers/codes (I use a non-English Paypal, so bear with me)

0J199031TS656xxxx
7EN56634JP837xxxx
84U4024568592xxxx

I have more if needed, these are the last three transactions I have made to the Steam Store.

Please reactivate my account as soon as possible, if there is anything else I can possibly help you with I will do my best to be of assistance - I'd just very much like to see my account back in working order.

Thank you,

Rob van den Enden
robvandenenden@gmail.com
Steam: netewang@hotmail.com

The guy then gave me an automated response saying he had reset my password and secret question. I ofcourse got my reset password in my inbox. This was all fine and dandy, and I was happy to have it reactivated in just around 8 hours after opening a ticket, but a reason still wasn't given as to why it got deactivated in the first place. And I'd like a reason. So I replied this in the ticket:

Quote:
As much as I am pleased with your quick response and the reactivation of my account, I still would like to know what the reason for the temporary deactivation was. I do not need a very in-depth reason, a simple answer like you were trying to protect my account as it might have been hijacked will suffice.

Thank you,

Rob van den Enden

25 Nov 2009, 22:49
1890 Posts

Glad to see you're back! :)
VIP VIP
08 Jan 2010, 11:26
390 Posts

Yay! Aya's back with his Sniper skills. xD :jihad:

07 Jul 2009, 02:20
840 Posts

Mesprite wrote:
Yay! Aya's back with his Sniper skills. xD :jihad:

<russian accent> oh this is baaaaaad </russian accent>

08 Jan 2010, 11:26
390 Posts

XD Valve must been like
Quote:
IS NOT POSSIBLE!
when they got the ticket saying that Aya'd found out about his deactivation.

1037 Posts

Apparently the account appeared hijacked, and they deactivated the account to protect it.

Still wondering why it would appear hijacked, but yeah, whatever.

24 Dec 2009, 15:56
197 Posts

Wanted to find ur hax.

obviously!

22 Aug 2009, 05:36
809 Posts

It's a conspiracy!

AD - Young Grasshopa Krzykris: karl?
21 Feb 2010, 11:33
109 Posts

Someone sent message to them about your account being hacked and they deactivated it. :lol:

Someone is a bad bad bad loser. :ghost:

14 Oct 2009, 16:26
1051 Posts

Well, I guess Valve are being more safe than sorry, and at least they've not lost a customer..

It is a big problem I guess, with all these viruses and shit.. But some butthurt player musta thought you were too good and reported you in, however I don't understand how someone would? Steam Support says that you cannot report a player for cheating.

At least you got it back eh?
Server Admin Server Admin
27 Dec 2009, 10:09
618 Posts

Aya wrote:
Apparently the account appeared hijacked, and they deactivated the account to protect it.

Still wondering why it would appear hijacked, but yeah, whatever.

They disabled mine too, as it appeared hijacked. D: . Atleast we have them back :)

[ 17 posts ]